Careers at BCL
We at BCL are an outstanding team with a reputation for excellence, dedicated to providing the best service to our clients and securing the best possible outcomes for them.
Our strength derives from the quality and depth of expertise of our people. Careers with us offer exceptional opportunities to work on stimulating, complex, high profile cases in the areas of domestic and international corporate crime, financial crime, regulatory enforcement and serious and general crime.
If you believe you could help us maintain and build upon this reputation (even if we do not currently have any vacancies matching your particular skills and experience) please send your application in the form of a CV and cover letter directly to Isabel Shirt, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
All applications will be responded to and treated in the strictest confidence. Details will be retained securely by HR for a period of 12 months; in the event that a suitable opportunity arises during that time, you may be contacted for an interview. You are advised that you may withdraw your consent to the retention of your application at any time by contacting Isabel.
Credit Controller/Billing Clerk – Maternity Cover – Full Time
We are seeking an experienced individual in the dual areas of law firm billing and credit control to efficiently manage aspects of the firm’s billing and accounts function ensuring compliance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules in conjunction with Head of Accounts
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Monthly billing and credit note procedures
- Administration and maintenance of WIP and hourly rates +
- Applying counsel fee notes to Liberate and controlling payments
- WIP and disbursement inter-matter transfers and write-offs
- Bill book maintenance, monitoring of daily credit control requirements and liaising with the credit controller
- Checking daily inter-account transfers for due disbursements and completing payment requests where required
- Ad-hoc cashiering assistance (holiday cover)
- Checking for money on account payments and chasing for absent sums
- Monitoring and dealing with residual balances
- Producing monthly figure reports for the Partners regarding both firm and individual performance
- Monitoring funds on account and usage to ensure rules are not breached
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in legal accounts credit control and billing
- Full understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT requirements
- An ability to work to clear deadlines at various stages of the month with calm authority
- Strong Excel skills
- Evidence of a strong commitment to client care
- Drive & initiative
- Planning & organising skills
- Sound judgment & decision making skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Desirable but not essential:
Systems experience on Liberate (PMS) and iManage (DMS), however training will be provided internally
Please note: this is a maternity cover role which is currently expected to be required for a period of 12 – 14 months commencing June 2018; this role will end when the incumbent role holder returns.
Please note that BCL has a preferred supplier list (PSL) of recruitment agencies therefore we accept agency applications via our PSL only. Any applications submitted by other agencies will not be reviewed; candidates are of course welcome to contact us directly as detailed above.