Careers at BCL
We at BCL are an outstanding team with a reputation for excellence, dedicated to providing the best service to our clients and securing the best possible outcomes for them.
Our strength derives from the quality and depth of expertise of our people. Careers with us offer exceptional opportunities to work on stimulating, complex, high profile cases in the areas of domestic and international corporate crime, financial crime, regulatory enforcement and serious and general crime.
If you believe you could help us maintain and build upon this reputation (even if we do not currently have any vacancies matching your particular skills and experience) please send your application in the form of a CV and cover letter directly to Isabel Shirt, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
All applications will be responded to and treated in the strictest confidence. Details will be retained securely by HR for a period of 12 months; in the event that a suitable opportunity arises during that time, you may be contacted for an interview. You are advised that you may withdraw your consent to the retention of your application at any time by contacting Isabel.
Business Crime Solicitor – 2 PQE
We are currently seeking to recruit a first rate lawyer with expertise in the following areas to join our Business Crime department: corporate crime, financial crime, financial regulatory enforcement, tax investigations, dispute resolution, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery & corruption compliance.
Experience in health & safety offences, corporate manslaughter, regulatory and disciplinary proceedings and cyber-crime may be useful but is not essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- around 18 months – 2 years PQE or equivalent experience;
- an in-depth understanding of criminal/regulatory investigations and prosecutions and the ability to advise both individual and corporate clients subject to, or affected by, investigations, prosecutions and/or proceedings brought by the UK’s investigating and prosecuting authorities e.g. by the SFO, FCA, NCA and CMA;
- an excellent academic background and an analytical mind;
- experience in some or all of the relevant practice areas outlined above; and
- be keen to join a team of dedicated lawyers at the forefront of this area of the law.
This is an exciting new role reporting directly to the Practice Development Director. The Marketing Manager will be the marketing adviser to the firm and will drive through a creative and effective plan to support the wider team. This is the ideal role for an individual who seeks an exciting, long-term career challenge and has a genuine interest in the area of white collar, corporate and general crime.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) and the intellectual capacity and curiosity required to understand how specialist law firms can help to solve complex issues within a commercial and legal context.
- Be able to work effectively and confidently to influence multiple senior stakeholders within a complex structure. In particular, skilled in managing multiple projects and competing demands.
- Evidence of accomplished strategic planning and delivery capabilities.
- A good understanding of multi-channel marketing and experience in delivering compelling thought leadership, tailored to the channel and the audience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to work independently and to develop ideas and projects without supervision, as well as being effective as part of a team.
- Experience of managing a marketing budget.
- Experience of the effective use of marketing software, including a CRM and digital mailing and event management systems and processes.
Desirable but not essential:
- Postgraduate marketing qualification.
- Proven track record within the professional services sector, ideally consulting or law.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in B2B or professional services marketing.
Please note that BCL has a preferred supplier list (PSL) of recruitment agencies therefore we accept agency applications via our PSL only. Any applications submitted by other agencies will not be reviewed; candidates are of course welcome to contact us directly as detailed above.