“Recognised for his expert defence of those charged with serious criminal offences, offering particular experience in high-profile sexual abuse cases.”
Omar specialises in serious and complex criminal litigation, including sexual offences, disciplinary and regulatory proceedings, serious fraud and financial crime, bribery and corruption, and money laundering and confiscation proceedings.
Ranked as an ‘Associate to watch’ in the leading independent legal directory, Chambers & Partners, he routinely advises on high-profile matters and works extensively with lawyers specialising in reputation protection and with public relations agencies. Omar also provides pre and post-production advice to television broadcasters and production companies.
As an advocate, Omar has appeared at all levels from the first hearing to appeals in the Crown Court. Also experienced in bringing appeals to the Court of Appeal, he has successfully challenged and overturned decisions of the police, prosecuting authorities and the lower courts by way of judicial review in the High Court.
In the field of extradition, Omar advises those subject to European Arrest Warrants, those subject to extradition requests from countries that are not signatories to the EAW scheme, and those whose are at risk of extradition to the United Kingdom.
Omar read European and International Law (LLB (Hons)) at The University of Sheffield, and at Lund University in Sweden.
- April 2017 – LexisNexis Webinar – Recent Developments in Proceeds of Crime Act and Civil Enforcement
- November 2016 – Chambers & Partners – A New Dawn in UK Corporate Transparency [reviewing UK beneficial ownership legislation]
- October 2016 – LexisNexis Webinar – Criminal Procedure Update
- April 2016 – LexisNexis Webinar (Scriptwriter) – Corporate Bribery & Corruption: a Reflection on Recent Events
- LexisNexis PSL – Corporate Crime – Contributing Author
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
- The Extradition Lawyers Association
- The Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum
- The European Criminal Bar Association
- The London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association