Guy Bastable - Partner
He had an exceptional understanding of the strategic management of our case from start to finish ... His tactical judgement at key moments of the case was a masterclass (Chambers & Partners)
an incredibly driven solicitor who does everything humanly possible for his clients (Chambers & Partners)
possesses a fearsome intellect (The Legal 500)
very able … He is a master of detail (Chambers & Partners)
combines intellectual rigour with an unrivalled commitment to each case (The Legal 500)
reassures clients by remaining calm and in complete control at all times (Chambers & Partners)
a leading individual and definitely in the business of putting up a serious fight (The Legal 500)
an outstanding strategist who shows immaculate attention to detail (Chambers & Partners)
very impressive ... a force to be reckoned with (The Legal 500)
wins plaudits for putting the clients at their ease (Chambers & Partners)
an area expert who knows what he is talking about and is able to advise well on risks (Chambers & Partners)
specialises in financial crime, fraud, corporate crime and regulatory issues ... experience of internal and external investigations. Areas of expertise include insider dealing, money laundering and bribery and corruption matters. (Chambers & Partners)
enjoys a distinct profile in both health and safety law and fraud matters (Chambers & Partners)
highly regarded for his experience in market manipulation cases, cartel investigations and POCA proceedings (Chambers & Partners)
focuses on defending companies and individuals in cases relating to serious workplace accidents (Chambers & Partners)
wins much peer praise for his focus on insider dealing, market abuse and money laundering (Chambers & Partners)
extensive experience in fraud and health and safety law … represents clients facing charges of money laundering, VAT fraud, cash seizure and corporate manslaughter (Chambers & Partners)
has a highly regarded practice encompassing a range of fraud-related work, including insider dealing (Chambers & Partners)
Guy is a partner specialising in corporate crime, financial crime, regulatory investigations, AML/ABC compliance, and Coroner’s inquests.
He is recognised as a leading lawyer in the UK by Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 (the two leading independent directories of UK legal services, identifying the best lawyers in the UK).
Guy has particular expertise in crisis management, internal investigations, corporate and director liability, and dispute resolution, focussing on all types of fraud, bribery and corruption, FCA investigations (insider dealing and market abuse), cartels and price fixing, money laundering, corporate manslaughter, health and safety, fire safety, food safety and hygiene, environmental protection, consumer protection, trading standards, and Coroner’s inquests.
Guy also specialises in anti-bribery and corruption compliance, anti-money laundering compliance, recovery of the proceeds of crime (restraint, confiscation, cash seizure and civil recovery) and judicial review of the actions of investigators.
Following an MA (Hons) at the University of Edinburgh, a post-graduate diploma in law at the College of Law, and the Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court School of Law, Guy trained and qualified as a barrister at a leading criminal/regulatory barristers’ chambers. He then joined BCL and was invited to join the partnership in 2006.
Guy has enhanced full rights of audience such that he can appear as an advocate in any court.
- Money Laundering Law and Regulation: A Practical Guide (Oxford University Press)
- Economic Crime: A Boardroom Guide to Prevention and Compliance (Serious Fraud Office)
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Business Crime (Global Legal Group)
- Practical Law’s Financial and Business Crime Global Guide (Thomson Reuters)
- When Should Organisations be Held Criminally Liable? (Global Legal Group)
- Corporate Crime Forum (LinkedIn)
- Corporate Manslaughter Forum (LinkedIn)
- Solicitors Regulation Authority Higher Courts Rights – Criminal
- Solicitors Regulation Authority Higher Courts Rights – Civil
- The Law Society
- General Council of the Bar
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Fraud Lawyers’ Association
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers’ Association
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Health & Safety Lawyers’ Association
- UK Environmental Lawyers’ Association
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association
- Rugby Union
- Mountain Biking