Each year at BCL, we ask our members of staff to nominate a charity that they would like us to support. The aim of our Charity of the Year is to support a cause that could be local to our firm or one with a personal connection to our members of staff.
For 2019, we are proud to support Momentum Children’s Charity.
This Charity supports children with cancer and other life-limiting conditions from diagnosis to bereavement. They believe that no family should have to cope alone. Working alongside the children and their families they aim to provide the support and assistance required each and every step of the way, forever. Each family is allocated a Family Support Worker and they offer support in various ways, some of which we have detailed below:
- Therapy services for children and their siblings including music, play and art therapy undertaken at home and/or in hospital;
- Support groups sharing experiences with other local families in the same or similar situations;
- Arranging respite holidays at two holiday cabins owned by Momentum in the New Forest, where families can go for a much-needed break;
- Family experiences which include organising magical moments when times are particularly tough;
- Bereaved families, offering support should the worst happen for as long as they need their support; and
- Refurbishing local hospitals and enhancing the facilities adding colour, play and other comforts.
To find out more about how you can also support Momentum Children’s Charity and to see examples of the incredible work they are doing to support children and their families each and every day, please visit their website.