Careers at BCL
We at BCL are an outstanding team with a reputation for excellence, dedicated to providing the best service to our clients and securing the best possible outcomes for them.
Our strength derives from the quality and depth of expertise of our people. Careers with us offer exceptional opportunities to work on stimulating, complex, high profile cases in the areas of domestic and international corporate crime, financial crime, regulatory enforcement and serious and general crime.
If you believe you could help us maintain and build upon this reputation (even if we do not currently have any vacancies matching your particular skills and experience) please send your application in the form of a CV and cover letter directly to Isabel Shirt, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be responded to and treated in the strictest confidence in accordance with BCL’s data protection privacy notice (employment and workforce). Details will be retained securely by HR for a period of 12 months; in the event that a suitable opportunity arises during that time, you may be contacted for an interview. You are advised that you may withdraw your consent to the retention of your application at any time by contacting Isabel.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced PPA with at least 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary/PA within a criminal practice. A minimum of at least 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A** – C are also required for this role.
Hours for the role will be Full-Time, 9am to 5:30pm.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role will include all duties the role title reasonable suggests, including but not limited to:
- Providing full secretarial and administrative support to fee-earning staff
- Preparing correspondence to client, counsel and court and other parties as required
- Audio typing from dictation and transcripts
- Making phone calls to clients, counsel, courts and other parties as required
- Liaising with chambers re counsel availability and costs as required
- Sorting daily post and deal as appropriate
- Preparing schedules of documents, chronologies and court bundles
- Managing calendars/diaries for fee-earners
- Recording fee-earners time as required, type and send bills
- Demonstrating a commitment to BCL through involvement in internal committees, attending social, charity and marketing events
Please note that BCL has a preferred supplier list (PSL) of recruitment agencies therefore we accept agency applications via our PSL only. Any applications submitted by other agencies will not be reviewed; candidates are of course welcome to contact us directly as detailed above.