Legal Accounts Assistant
We at BCL are an outstanding team with a reputation for excellence, dedicated to providing the best service to our clients and securing the best possible outcomes for them. Our strength derives from the quality and depth of expertise of our people.
Careers with us offer exceptional opportunities to work on stimulating, complex, high profile cases in the areas of domestic and international corporate crime, financial crime, regulatory enforcement and serious and general crime. You will have the opportunity to join a market leading firm to work in a supportive and exciting environment where client service is at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Legal Accounts Assistant, who will be reporting to the Accounts Manager.
Primary objective of role:
To ensure that the firm’s office and client accounts are managed in accordance with the SRA guidelines and the internal requirements of the firm. Supporting the Accounts Manager in carrying out the management of the business finances.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Review office and client bank accounts via the online portal.
- Ensure all entries that appear on office and client accounts are posted promptly, eg, standing orders, direct debits and client payments
- Notifying partners of fee and disbursement payments on their cases
- Collating and posting nominal invoices to the PMS, ensuring all invoices filed within the document management system
- Paying supplier invoices at the correct time, ensuring they are accurate and authorised as appropriate
- Reviewing disbursement invoices, allocating to the correct matter/case to ensure they are included in month end billing
- Managing the business credit cards and ensuring all payments match to statements, collating receipts and following up with partners and staff as required
- Collating and paying office expenses, maintaining the petty cash system
- Preparing daily client to office bank account transfers for payment of fees and paying all disbursements as necessary
- Responsible for file closure process upon completion of a matter
- Self-starter who displays initiative in a demanding role
- Able to work in a busy team environment.
- Possesses the ability to complete set objectives within the agreed deadlines.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience/knowledge of the firm’s accounting system (Liberate SE) or a similar legal market accounting package.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially relationship building, and assertive and confident.
- Accurate filing/administration/record keeping.
- PC literacy, including use of case management systems and particularly MS Excel.
- Understands and can apply the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to increasing our staff diversity.
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter in confidence to our Practice Director, Jonathan Fenster (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on Friday 19 August 2022.
No agencies please.
- +44 (0)20 7430 2277
- 51 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LZ