BCL partner, Julian Hayes will be part of an esteemed panel of experts at Legal Week’s Commercial Litigation & Arbitration Forum on the 5th November 2019 in London.
Julian will be speaking on a panel discussing ‘Cyber Security Breaches: Handling The Most Difficult Practical Issues’. This year’s full agenda can be found here or you can find details of his panel below.
5th November 2019: 10:10am – 10:45am
Cyber Security Breaches: Handling The Most Difficult Practical Issues
– Litigators have a key role in dealing with crucial questions that arise during a cyber/data breach, including:
- Are we obliged to involve the police?
- Do we need to pursue civil remedies for real protection?
- Can/should we pay a ransom?
- When do we report to regulators?
- When do we go public and how do we avoid a PR disaster?
On the panel will be:
- Julian Hayes, Partner, BCL Solicitors
- Lawson Caisley, Partner, Allen & Overy
- Richard Little, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
- Daniel Ison, Director, Litigation, Investigations and Enforcement, Barclays