“They are phenomenally impressive. If I were in need of a criminal solicitor, I wouldn’t go anywhere else.”
Within BCL’s Serious & General Crime department, we have a particular expertise in dealing with the broad range of driving offences.
This includes all of the most frequently encountered motoring offences:
- Failing to provide the driver’s details; various document offences (such as driving without insurance)
- Driving without due care and attention
- Failing to stop or failing to report
- Dangerous driving
- Causing death by driving whilst unlicensed/uninsured/disqualified
- Causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving
- Causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs
- Causing death by dangerous driving
- Causing serious injury by disqualified or dangerous driving
We also cover the full range of offences relating to drink/drug driving, including:
- Driving (or in charge) when under the influence of drink or drugs
- Driving (in charge / attempting to drive) with excess alcohol
- Failing to provide a specimen of breath for screening
- Failing to provide a specimen for analysis
In addition, we have considerable expertise in relation to dealing with driver disqualification proceedings, particularly those relating to excess penalty points and exceptional hardship arguments.
Our advice and representation covers the whole spectrum of the enforcement process, from the initial receipt of a section 172 notice of intended prosecution to any subsequent court proceedings, including advice at the police station and advocacy in the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court.